Thursday, March 06, 2008

tax arrears

It is not often that the tax-man brings good news. But this week he is my very best friend (or maybe even she - I am a feminist after all) . It turns out that so far I've been paying the top rate of tax on my whole salary. Basically this means that the amount of money that gets dumped into my bank account once a month is going to be considerably larger in future. Plus I should get a nice lump sum at some point repaying me for all the surplus taxes I've been giving the government. All drinks are on me in future!

And here's a strange thing. For years I've had this feeling I'm constantly tired, sometimes sleeping up to ten hours a night. But now I'm getting better - still sleeping more than average, but sometimes I can get through a whole day with no caffeine! I wonder if it has something to do with Chris's cooking. When I was on my own I would often go days without meat, but Chris's whole family is obsessed with protein, and meat in particular. They even put chopped up meat into his sister's baby food - I guess it had some effect, she ended up representing Greece as a weight-lifter!

And they say good news comes in threes - Chris has found a job at last. He's going to be working in a new restaurant in Cambridge (possibly as a manager part-time).

I'm really hoping this patch of good karma never ends.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jamie, Davíð og James Hafsteinn said...

Hurray for taxes (and the reduction of), health and employment!

12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home