Friday, December 07, 2007

missing Reykjavik

I only left four months ago, and I've had to have a trip back already. I'm missing Reykjavik so much. For the purposes of my blog I've managed to narrow the key things I'm missing down to three. Number one, the cafes - I really used to enjoy walking in to the centre of Reykjavik of an evening and nipping into one of the many unique cafes for a coffee with a friend, or just on my own with a book. My only option here is the 24 hour Tesco's cafe - not quite the same atmosphere! Number two is the swimming pools - the most relaxing thing in the world must be a quick dip in a heated outdoor pool, steaming because the temperature's below freezing, followed by a long soak in the hot pots. Number three is the mountains - round here it's just way too flat. I miss looking up at Esja every day, seeing if there's more snow than the day before. But of course the biggest thing I miss is all my friends over there - I miss you guys! Can't wait to see you all again.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jamie, Davíð og James Hafsteinn said...

We really miss having you in Iceland! Knowing that we will be in Iceland a while longer, we are going to keep our eyes open for good deals on plane tickets to London:-)

10:47 AM  
Blogger jess said...

I'd love it if you could visit :) Maybe I'll make it back before the summer as well.

5:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home