Sunday, June 24, 2007

surprise!

Last weekend I travelled back to England for the wedding of an old schoolfriend. The wedding was beautiful - very romantic setting:


where I proved myself incapable of taking any photos without official photographer or bright red mini-golf flags lurking somewhere. I met up with lots of people I hadn't seen for years. But you know how weddings are - you start with a glass of champagne, then a few glasses of wine over dinner, then champagne toast, then more champagne for the evening reception. But because you start so early you don't realise how much you've drunk. I only realised the next morning around 6:30 am, with my head suspended above the toilet. Surprise hangover! The worst part was I had to check out of my B&B by 10am and catch a train to Birmingham (although the B&B owner was very kind, and said not to worry if I was a bit late). I managed to force a couple of cornflakes down, and packed very slowly. I made it back to Birmingham without any accidents (but with a couple of plastic bags in my handbag, just in case!). Next time I will remember the wise words of my mum - always drink a glass of water for every glass of wine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home