Thursday, October 26, 2006

airwaves

Last week was another busy week - the Iceland airwaves festival was on in Reykjavik from Wednesday til Sunday. It started off badly for me, nearly getting crushed to death in Gaukurinn on Wednesday night, then having to stay in on Thursday with a headache. But Friday and Saturday were a lot of fun. I'd been looking forward to seeing the Kaiser Chiefs for months and, well what can I say, they didn't disappoint. I took loads of photos, but owing to my utter incompetence with cameras didn't get a single good one. Well, alright here's one,

I know, I know. But I think you can just about recognise the singer. Anyway, there were lots of other bands playing. I also really liked the Islands and Patrick Watson from Canada, and local boys Mugison and Tarnus Jr. I probably would have enjoyed We Are Scientists as well, but I couldn't really concentrate on the music - I was too busy trying not to get crushed. Looking forward to next year already!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home